We've been considering rabbits as livestock for some time check out this post over at the Good.is blog. Thanks to Re-Nest for the heads up.
Also, keep a look out for Dolly Freed's Possum Living. She inspired me over twenty years ago to pursue simplicity in all forms, she and her dad kept and ate rabbits and she goes into detail about how they did it. It's good to see this practical suggestion here. I will likely give this a try when we get settled in America, though I'm not sure I'll be able to kill them, rabbits are also excellent lawnmowers and they fertilize as they go.
- Jamie Oliver's Food revolution, a message from TED...
- Stinging Nettle, my favorite spring green
- Farmers Speak: Bust Up Big Ag
- Living off the land. It is a pretty sweet life.
- Why grow your own food or The many problems with i...
- Rabbits, not just a garden menace, they are food.
- Have you got limited food growing space....check i...
- ▼ March (7)