"There are 2 million farmers and 300 million consumers in the US. Standing in between are a handful of companies who control how food gets from one side to the other.
In 2010, the USDA and Dept of Justice are holding a series of hearings on this issue -- the matter of corporate concentration in food and agriculture. The first hearing was March 12, in Ankeny, Iowa. The night before, about 250 independent family farmers and community activists gathered for a town hall meeting to share their own experiences with big ag.
For more; www.bustthetrust.org "
- Jamie Oliver's Food revolution, a message from TED...
- Stinging Nettle, my favorite spring green
- Farmers Speak: Bust Up Big Ag
- Living off the land. It is a pretty sweet life.
- Why grow your own food or The many problems with i...
- Rabbits, not just a garden menace, they are food.
- Have you got limited food growing space....check i...
- ▼ March (7)